This article is a guide for eVISA and Long Term Visitor Pass.
The good news is that Countries are reopening borders for tourism and for visitors. Malaysia is known best for Expats living, as well as for tourism. People here are very helpful and kind. Many expats were stuck here due to Lockdown and Family couldn’t visit their dear ones. Since Borders are open again, I have compiled information related to “How to apply Visa for Malaysia”.
SEE BELOW FOR COVID-19 GUIDELINES
Malaysia eVISA Requirements: Indian Citizens
The eVISA is an electronic trip authorization issued by the Malaysian Government. It is original to a visa, no marker or stamp is placed on Passport. Apply this eVISA through Malaysia Website: Click Here for website. The eVISA is needed to enter or travel within Malaysia. Traveller’s needed to present a valid eVISA at the port of entry.
Entry Specifications, Validity and Length of Authorized Stay
This eVISA is a single-Entry Visa. And it is approved for 3 months and allows stays in Malaysia for a maximum of 30 consecutive days.
eVISA Requirements and Guidelines
- Passport must be valid for at lease 6 months at the time of application
- Confirmed Return flight booking
- Proof of Accommodation
- Invitation Letter
- Birth Certificate in case of Minor
- Color front page of passport
- A recent passport size color photo ( white background)
- Sufficient funds in Bank account to cover expenses
At The Time of Entering Malaysia
Keep all the necessary documents such as, printout of valid eVISA, return Flight ticket, Accommodation Proof or Invitation Letter. Sufficient funds in Bank account to cover expenses during stay in Malaysia.
Eligible Countries for eVISA for Malaysia
Please refer this document for Eligible Countries: Click Here
WEBSITE FOR CHECKING eVISA STATUS: CLICK HERE
Long Term Social Visit Pass
Long Term Social Visit Pass is issued to foreign nationals who want to stay in Malaysia for a longer than six month. And it can be extended upto 5 years depending upon eligibility.
Malaysia Long term social pass is commonly issued to foreign national spouses/family members.
Who is Eligible for Long Term Social Visit Pass?
- Family Members of Malaysia Employment Visa Holders:
- Parents or Parents-in-law
- Children over age of 21 years.
- Foreign national spouse of a Malaysian citizen
- Foreign national need medical treatment plus one accompany
Requirements for Long Term Social Visit Pass
Forms Needed: Forms IMM.12, IMM.55, and IMM.38
Documents Needed: *Login to ESD site for latest updates, for forms and visit Immigration Department of Malaysia for submitting applications
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Birth Certificate (if applicable)
- 2 passport size pictures for applicants
- Proof of Resident in Malaysia and origin country
- Invitation letter
- Malaysia Employment Visa details/copies
- 2 Photo copies of all documents
- Security Bond stamped of RM10 revenue stamp
- In case of Malaysian citizen is self-employed- all supporting letters and documents
Please note: Certain documents need to be certified by an embassy/consulate of the specific country.
COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR MALAYSIA
- Must download, register and activate your MySejahtera App before traveling to Malaysia.
- Fill up all details, including travel dates, vaccination information in MySejahtera App under the traveller.
- Need to complete the pre-departure form( state your travel day with name of the traveller) under the traveller icon.
- After completing and submitting the pre-departure form, you will be able to see a BLUE Traveller card (in case of fully vaccinated) or RED Travellers card (in case of partially vaccinated or unvaccinated will appear. If you are fully vaccinated and entering from Singapore via land at least 3 times in a week. Then you will receive a PURPLE Frequent Traveller Card.
- Once your Card is PURPLE, Travellers are advised to refill and resubmit their pre-departure form every seven days.
- If dependents are traveling with you, fill their details as well after you have added them under manage dependents and provide their dependent vaccine details .
- You can verify digital COVID-19 vaccine certificate on firstname.lastname@example.org (you can get vaccine certificate issued overseas)
- Partially vaccinated or unvaccinated individuals should undergo/take COVID-19 RT-PCR or COVID-19 antigen rapid test 48 hours before departure. Please upload the test result in MySejahtera the moment you receive it. (click here for definition of vaccination status)